Monday, March 23, 2009

Assignment 6: Portraits

6A
Studio Photoshoot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/fifsterr/Portraits

The photoshoot we had in the studio was a brand new experience for me. Taking photos of my fellow classmates in a professional photo studio environment made me feel as if I was a real photographer. All of the equipment was provided to us and I discovered that just the idea of being in a photo studio and being able to take pictures like real professionals was exciting.

Using the stronger lighting, I placed it in a way so that the model's face I was shooting was clearly visible. The second lighting I placed a little further away from the model at about a distance as to light up the rest of the model's body and reduce the shadows. At one point during the photoshoot, I wanted to experiment a bit with the flash to see whether there was a difference whether I turned flash on or not. One of the pictures I took of Evin using the flash on my camera actually altered the lighting of the image and made the colors look warmer.

As for the camera angles attempted during the shooting, I tilted the camera horizontally and vertically according to the model's pose. Zoom was also used in order to capture the upper body of the model. I found that if it was a whole body image of the person, at times the camera angle made the model look shorter therefore much zoom was used throughout the entire photoshoot.



6B









1 comment: